The Alliance regularly receives updates from members regarding conferences being held by their organization or in their region. Below is a listing of conferences taking place around the world on topics relevant to the social service workforce. To add your conference to this list, please send us information by using this form.
September 4 – 6, 2017
- The Regional Psychosocial Support Forum Initiative (REPSSI) Forum will be held in Arusha, Tanzania. Alliance Ambassadors, Alliance staff and colleagues from 4Children will present on topics related to the social service workforce and case management and advocacy. The Alliance will also have a booth at the Forum for attendees to learn more, pick up tools and resources, and meet us. For Alliance members attending the Forum, there will be an opportunity to network with other members and join a group photo.
September 11 – 12, 2017
- The Child Protection in Humanitarian Action meeting, on the theme working with other sectors, will be held in Kampala, Uganda. Business will be conducted in English, French and Spanish.
September 12, 2017
- The Coordinating Comprehensive Care for Children (4Children) Project will host a webinar titled "Starting with the end in view: Designing OVC programs with responsible exit planning for families, programs and national systems." Presenters from Cameroon, Kenya and Nigeria will share lessons learned.
September 14, 2017
- The Global Health Mini-University will be held at George Washington University in Washington, DC.
October 1 – 4, 2017
- ISPCAN will host their 15th European Regional Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect in The Hague, Netherlands.
October 3 – 6, 2017
- The International Step by Step Association will host its annual conference in Ghent, Belgium on the theme "Local Responses, Global Advances: Towards Competent Early Childhood Systems."
October 8 – 12, 2017
- The 5th Global Symposium on Health Systems Research will be held in Liverpool, United Kingdom, under the theme "Advancing health systems for all in the SDG era."
October 18, 2017
- The Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies Roundtable in Florence, Italy, will discuss psychosocial support and social and emotional learning in crisis-affected contexts.
October 19 – 22, 2017
- The Council on Social Work Education will host their 63rd Annual Program Meeting under the theme "Educating for the Social Work Grand Challenges" in Dallas, Texas, USA.
October 23 – 25, 2017
- The Putting Children First: Identifying solutions and taking action to tackle poverty and inequality in Africa conference will take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
October 24 – 26, 2017
- The Unity for Children Summit: Cross-Border Cooperation to Build Capacity and Promote Best Practices in Child Welfare and Protection meeting will take place in San Salvador, El Salvador. Email for more information.
October 24 – 27, 2017
- The Association of Medical Social Workers of Nigeria will hold their annual conference in Sokoto, Nigeria.
October 25 – 29, 2017
- The Asia-Pacific Joint Regional Social Work Conference will take place in Shenzhen, China.
November 8 – 15, 2017
- The International Youth Worker Symposium will be held Playa Paradiso, Mexico.
November 10 – 12, 2017
- The 5th Indian Social Work Congress will be held by the National Association of Professional Social Workers India in Kalady, Kerla.
November 13 – 15, 2017
- The AIDS Impact 13th International Conference will take place in Cape Town, South Africa.
November 13 – 17, 2017
- The 4th Global Forum on Human Resources for Health will be held in Dublin, Ireland.
November 28 – 30, 2017
- The 2017 Taiwan Fund for Children and Families International Symposium on Social Work in AESEAN will take place in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
November 30 – December 1, 2017
- The Ako Para sa Bata Conference hosted by the Child Protection Network will be held in Manila, Philippines, under the theme "The Science and Art of Parenting Children Today."
December 4 – 9, 2017
- The International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa will take place in Cote d'Ivoire.
February 22 – 24, 2018
- The International Conference on Social Pedagogy and Social Education: Bridging Traditions and Innovations will take place at Universidad Autónoma de Puebla in Puebla, Mexico.
March 20 – 22, 2018
- Professional Social Work and Sustainable Development in Africa conference will be held by the Centre for Research and Innovation in Social Work in Kigali, Rwanda, to time with World Social Work Day.
April 15 – 17, 2018
- The 5th Global Service-Learning Summit: Dignity and Justice will be held at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana, USA.
April 18 – 20, 2018
- The 8th European Conference for Social Work Research will be held at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland.
May 2 – 4, 2018
- The 2018 Child and Youth Care Conference is scheduled for Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
July 4 – 7, 2018
- Social Work, Education and Social Development 2018 Conference: Environmental and Community Sustainability - Human Solutions in an Evolving Society is being planned for Dublin, Ireland.
July 22 – 27, 2018
- AIDS2018 is being planned for Amsterdam, Netherlands.