Not yet a member of the Alliance? Learn more and join a network of your peers here.
In your job, have you helped a family affected by violence? We are gathering stories about your work and the positive change that resulted form it. Tell your story here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSektp03d62cf4RZIH3Xy9uPb4JKth7skfs63JddfPZK5T7iPA/viewform.
The Alliance regularly receives updates from members regarding conferences being held by their organization or in their region. Below is a listing of conferences taking place around the world on topics relevant to the social service workforce. To add your conference to this list, please send us information by using this form.
October 19 – 22, 2017
- The Council on Social Work Education will host their 63rd Annual Program Meeting under the theme "Educating for the Social Work Grand Challenges" in Dallas, Texas, USA.
October 23 – 25, 2017
- The Putting Children First: Identifying solutions and taking action to tackle poverty and inequality in Africa conference will take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
October 24 – 26, 2017
- The Unity for Children Summit: Cross-Border Cooperation to Build Capacity and Promote Best Practices in Child Welfare and Protection meeting will take place in San Salvador, El Salvador.
October 24 – 27, 2017
- The Association of Medical Social Workers of Nigeria will hold their annual conference in Sokoto, Nigeria.
October 24 – 27, 2017
- Parenting in Africa conference will be held in Malawi on the topic "Embracing technology for the safety of children in care settings: Ending online violence against children in all settings."
October 25 – 29, 2017
- The Asia-Pacific Joint Regional Social Work Conference will take place in Shenzhen, China.
November 8 – 15, 2017
- The International Youth Worker Symposium will be held Playa Paradiso, Mexico.
November 8 – 10, 2017
- Unity is our Strength Summit, hosted by International Social Service USA and St Francis Community Services, will take place in El Salvador.
November 10 – 12, 2017
- The 5th Indian Social Work Congress will be held by the National Association of Professional Social Workers India in Kalady, Kerla.
November 13 – 15, 2017
- The AIDS Impact 13th International Conference will take place in Cape Town, South Africa.
November 13 – 17, 2017
- The 4th Global Forum on Human Resources for Health will be held in Dublin, Ireland.
November 28 – 30, 2017
- The 2017 Taiwan Fund for Children and Families International Symposium on Social Work in AESEAN will take place in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
November 30 – December 1, 2017
- The Ako Para sa Bata Conference hosted by the Child Protection Network will be held in Manila, Philippines, under the theme "The Science and Art of Parenting Children Today."
December 4 – 9, 2017
- The International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa will take place in Cote d'Ivoire.
December 18 – 19, 2017
- The Iran Association of Social Workers will hold a conference in Tehran.
January 18 – 19, 2018
- Children's Rights European Academic Network Conference (CREAN) on the theme 'Impact of children’s rights education and research on policy development' will take place at Uni Bastions, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
February 22 – 24, 2018
- The International Conference on Social Pedagogy and Social Education: Bridging Traditions and Innovations will take place at Universidad Autónoma de Puebla in Puebla, Mexico.
March 20 – 22, 2018
- Professional Social Work and Sustainable Development in Africa conference will be held by the Centre for Research and Innovation in Social Work in Kigali, Rwanda, to time with World Social Work Day.
March 23 – 28, 2018
- The Latino Social Workers Organization Conference will take place in Seattle, Washington, USA.
April 15 – 17, 2018
- The 5th Global Service-Learning Summit: Dignity and Justice will be held at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana, USA.
April 18 – 20, 2018
- The 8th European Conference for Social Work Research will be held at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland.
May 2 – 4, 2018
- The 2018 Child and Youth Care Conference is scheduled for Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
May 28 – 30, 2018
- The 26th European Social Services Conference will take place in Seville, Spain.
June 20 – 23, 2018
- The National Association of Social Workers US will hold their bi-annual National Conference in Washington, DC, on the theme "Shaping Tomorrow Together."
July 4 – 7, 2018
- Social Work, Education and Social Development 2018 Conference: Environmental and Community Sustainability - Human Solutions in an Evolving Society is being planned for Dublin, Ireland.
July 22 – 27, 2018
- AIDS2018 is being planned for Amsterdam, Netherlands.
October 8 –12, 2018
- The 5th Global Symposium on Health Systems Research will take place in Liverpool, United Kingdom. The call for abstracts is now open, and submissions are due by March 5.